Sunday 25 January 2009

White Tantra - London - 24th January 2009

I have to say, I have been attending White Tantra since 2004, and I have never ever known such a gentle one. The vibe was so relaxed, and happy. It was no accident either, as Yogi B mentioned the "happy" word in his opening message. All the way through the day, I felt guided to start this blog, to really start my inner journey. It starts today (although obviously, it began yesterday with WTY).

In 2004, I went to Summer Solstice with Guru Dharam in Glastonbury and decided that day, that I would finally become vegetarian. I can sadly say it only lasted one and a half years. But I made the same decision at WTY yesterday. I have to start living the path. Which involves having a daily practice, being vegetarian, etc..... My accountability to follow that daily path begins today.

My favourite mantra yesterday was:

I am thine in mine myself wahe guru
Humee hum, toomee too (M) wahe guru

I really really sing it from the heart. And it makes me feel 10 foot tall. We had to sing it back to back, with our partners, for 31 minutes.... ah and there's another point. Nothing yesterday was 62 minutes. A whole day free of 62 min meditations. When I say it was a gentle day, it really really was. As I haven't been fit the last couple of years, I still ached when I got in, so had a long hot bath, which really worked as I feel great today.

Another thing I promised myself during the day, was that I would start to do sadhana at home. But, I woke up at 1 o'clock today. Yes, I slept 13 hours. I guess I needed it, as it was a deep sleep. Today so far, I have had a massive bowl of porridge, so I am going to keep junk food totally at bay, and really mean to stay on the vegetarian track.

My partner yesterday was absolutely fabulous, and I only found her there, but she was fun, supportive, relaxed, and simply perfect. We will stay in touch.

I picked up a flyer for a workshop Guru Dharam is running on 31st January, and the words on it are very interesting:


"As the shift prophesied by both Rishis of ancient India and the Astronomer Priests of Meso-America comes to pass, we are challenged to adjust our society and ourselves in the light of a new order. Are we prepared to receive the new? Are we ready to discard the old? How has our status and position altered in the current economic configuration? Are you the same person or have events changed your perception of self ? Kundalini Yoga and meditation enable you to place aspirations for change, transition and spiritual awareness into overdrive".

Thought provoking words me-thinks.

I have recently been thinking that the credit crunch invites us to scale down, and go within. Survive on less, but enjoy, really enjoy what we survive on. We are no longer worth our credit rating, we are now worth our self-worth. With that in mind, I was reading "The Spend Less Handbook" and the following quote in there really jumped out at me. The author says it is from "How to Simplify your Life":


"A frugal person ... might relish eating a single orange, enjoying the colour and texture of the whole fruit, the smell and the light spray that comes as you begin to peel it, the translucence of each section, the flood of the flavour... and the thrift of saving the peels for
baking".


Then after that, the author Rebecca Ash goes on to say:


"Become lighter in everything you do or own. Enjoy having less in your drawers, less in your wardrobe, less in your car. Your unconscious mind is weighed down by everything you own. It stores up knowledge of everything you own. Whatever things you have in your home, you also carry round in your head. The more you have, the less you are".

These really resonated with me, as I have so so so much clutter and I am a hoarder. My Mum kept telling me that at Xmas too. Another thing I need to sort out. But my journey now begins.

Kundalini Yoga is designed to open the heart, but my heart is very very very open, and always has been, so I have to now make it my mission to focus on the things I avoid, like frog pose, and crow pose (my thighs are very very weak).

Yogi Bhajan says "keep up" but I think with me, I first need to "get up" :-)

That's all for now.

Sat Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment