Sunday 25 January 2009

Credit Crunch? Go to Goa!

I have to share this article. I was reading a free paper we have here in London "the london paper" and "city boy" wrote a column, Friday 23rd Jan 09, where he said that the way to avoid the credit crunch, no. 245 is to "give it all up and hang out in Goa until May... then reassess your options".

He openly encouraged city folk to do the same and join him. I quite like the thought of brokers and bankers going to India. :-) Hopefully they will get enlightened while there and make the world a better place.

He said in Goa he has met, ex-bankers, ex-lawyers etc... who have all decided the credit crunch is the perfect excuse to leave the rat race. Read his article here, although it is slightly different to the one I read in the paper but 99% the same.

Another line I liked from the column (I hope it is in the online version) is that they have gone to "remind themselves that they are not wage-slaves". This again, is an opportunity for inner reflection, which I think is *super*. Given that there are lots of redundancies happening, anything one can do to feel back in the driving seat, is good for the soul.

Bye for now
KY Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment